Walk a Mile NOT in My Shoes
Every day many of you help NRC make a difference for children on the reservations. Today I’d like to ask you to help other children too — children without shoes in developing countries and other impoverished areas.
National Relief Charities is taking the One Day Without Shoes Barefoot Challenge. We are hosting a virtual event and pledging to go one day without shoes on April 10th, 2012. The purpose of this event is to help spread awareness about the health risks for children who do not have shoes. But we can’t do it alone! We need your help!
Our event is called “Walk a Mile NOT in My Shoes.” Last year, more than 1,200 such events were held around the world. The organization with the most people pledging to go without shoes on April 10th will not only be impacting children in need and raising awareness, but will also win a good prize package. To win the challenge, our company must get as many people as possible to RSVP to our Walk a Mile event and one day challenge.
How you can help:
- Learn more about One Day Without Shoes at http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/
- Go to http://bit.ly/withoutshoesforNRC as soon as you can to RSVP to our event. Each RSVP counts as one pledge, and each person can pledge only once. (You will need to create an account before you can RSVP or invite friends to RSVP. To create your account, click Login/Join at the top of our event page.)
- Spread the word to your extended friends, families, and business associates via word of mouth or use social media sharing from the event site. Ask them to RSVP on our event page, take the Barefoot Challenge, and tell others about it.
- Show your bare feet! Go without shoes on April 10th to help us spread awareness for the millions of children that are exposed to injury and disease without proper footwear.
- If you get pictures and videos that we can share on our challenge page or blog, please send them to email@example.com ASAP. (By sharing, you give NRC permission to use the photos publicly.)
On April 10th, each step we take will remind us of this important concern for children of the world. We look forward to seeing your pledge and your bare feet! And thank you for helping us spread the word!!