Thank You for a Truly Impactful 2015
As we close the books on 2015, we are grateful, humbled and hopeful. Thanks to passionate donors, partners and volunteers, we have addressed a number of challenges faced by those on the 60 Native American reservations we serve. Whether you donated a gift-in-kind product for our 100-day supply drive for #NativePartnerHope, or you contributed to our #GivingTuesday Newman’s Own Foundation challenge, or you contributed to a program service close to your heart, you are the reason we can do all the good that we do.
In addition to all the good you allowed us to do this past year, we also started an exciting new chapter for our organization with a name change to Partnership With Native Americans (PWNA). You made this transition with us, and along the way, we were able to increase awareness about our cause and the work being done to help more than 250,000 Native Americans.
Since you shared your philanthropic spirit with us, we wanted to share some of our highlights from 2015:
- In the first six months of the year, we provided food for nearly 72,000 people, emergency relief for more than 24,000, educational supplies for more than 15,000 students, and more.
- In first half, we also published our annual report sharing with you the impact you helped us achieve in the previous year: 2014 Annual Report – PWNA Media Center
- In July, PWNA announced its new name, website and the start of a 100-day supply drive: Proud of our Partnership With Native Americans – PWNA blog
- In August, PWNA provided 20 pallets of water to reservation partners affected by the Colorado River EPA spill: Navajo Nation hurt by toxic spill – AZ Family 3-TV (Arizona)
- In November, PWNA provided a Public Service Announcement (PSA) video to news stations to share information on challenges faced by Native Americans: Native American Heritage Month: The Realities of Hardships and Life on Utah’s Navajo Indian Reservation – KCSG-TV (Utah)
- Also in November, PWNA shared ways to recognize American Indian Heritage month: Ways to celebrate, remember Native culture – Las Vegas Review-Journal (Nevada)
- In December, PWNA invited you to participate in #GivingTuesday to help us reach a goal of $10,000: Give the Gift of Food This #GivingTuesday – PWNA blog
We invite you to reflect on the past year with us and to share in our vision for a promising 2016!